“Double your pleasure. Double your fun. It’s the right one. Doublemint gum.”
The advertising slogan is more than three decades old. And yet, many still remember it. The rhyme certainly helps. But the idea of twice as much resonates too.
And that’s exactly what some PA sports betting apps are offering to bring you into the action during the NFL’s Wild Card weekend.
DraftKings is giving users a 100% profit boost for Sunday night’s Steelers/Browns showdown, effectively doubling your bet. And FOX Bet has a pair of custom wagers that can bring double your money as well.
So the last game of the weekend provides plenty of chances to double your fun. But that’s only the beginning.
The whole Wild Card weekend is loaded with promotions and special incentives from Pennsylvania sportsbooks. In this week’s installment of Penn Sportsbooks‘ Pick Play, we’ll cover them all to get you ready for some playoff football.
Browns vs. Steelers will be broadcast Sunday night on NBC
Pennsylvania’s only NFL playoff game won’t arrive until 8:15 p.m. Sunday night when AFC North rivals Cleveland and Pittsburgh meet at Heinz Field. But our regional sportsbooks may have saved the best promotions for last. As mentioned earlier, DraftKings Sportsbook is offering a 100% profit boost on the game’s wagers up to $50. Here’s the fine print:
- Opt-in and you will be issued a single-use profit boost to apply to one qualifying bet on the game
- You must select the boost from your bet slip before placing your bet to apply the boosted price
- If the boost does not appear, refresh the page or try opting in again
- 100% Profit Boost will apply to the winnings (winnings exclude your original bet)
- Max $50 bet
- Max $250 additional winnings
- Users can qualify once for this promotion
- Profit boost expires at the end of the game
- Includes Live Bets
- Excludes parlays, same game parlays, free bets, cash out bets, voided bets, and odds boosts
- Bet must be placed in the state of PA
DraftKings is also offering a 50% parlay boost on 2+ leg parlay and a 50% live profit boost for all NFL wild card games.
Browns COVID outbreak has boosted the Steelers odds to win
As for the game lines, Pittsburgh is a six-point favorite in Sunday’s game. The Steelers, who almost beat the Browns last week with several starters sitting out to rest, are -265 on the moneyline. Cleveland is +220. The game’s total is 47.5.
The Browns’ preparation for Sunday’s game has been decimated by a COVID outbreak. Head coach Kevin Stefanski, Pro Bowl guard Joel Bitonio and safety Ronnie Harrison are already out for the game. Other players could be ruled out before kickoff.
And the team has been forced to hold practice virtually all week with the facility closed to prevent additional spread.
“Just adapt and play,” Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield told ESPN. “It’s win or go home. So whoever we have out there, we’re counting on them. And we believe in those people…It’s hitting the curveball and adjusting each day.”
FOX Bet offering 5x return if the Steelers score
The best promotion at FOX Bet only applies to new customers, but it’s worth mentioning nonetheless. If the Steelers score a single point – a pretty safe bet, right? – new customers can get up to $100 in free bets at FOX Bet. The max bet is $20 and only a single wager can apply.
For returning customers, FOX Bet has a pair of boosted wagers that both offer intriguing +100 odds. They include:
- Ben Roethlisberger 250 or more passing yards and two or more passing TDs
- Each team two or more TDs and one or more FGs
FOX Bet has a number of other custom wagers as well, many of which carry strong returns. There are also bets available on quarters, halves, same-game parlays, props, and numerous other options that can provide some Sunday night excitement.
NFL action starts at 1 p.m. Saturday
If you’re hoping to parlay the Browns-Steelers with another NFL playoff game, the action starts on Saturday afternoon. The full lineup of games, along with their spreads at DraftKings as of Friday afternoon, is as follows:
- Colts at Bills (-6.5): Saturday, 1:05 p.m.
- Rams at Seahawks (-3.5): Saturday, 4:40 p.m.
- Buccaneers at Washington Football Team (+8): Saturday, 8:15 p.m.
- Ravens at Titans (+3.5): Sunday, 1:05 p.m.
- Bears at Saints (-10.5): Sunday, 4:40 p.m.
Beyond the parlay bets, Pennsylvania sportsbooks have boosted wagers and promotions available nearly all weekend, which should add some intrigue to the NFL Wild Card games.
And on Sunday night, the betting options for the Browns/Steelers matchup could help you finish your weekend with a flourish.
There’s a chance to double your pleasure. And double your fun.
You probably don’t want to miss it.
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Keith Srakocic