They’re still in first place. Maybe the Philadelphia 76ers (19-10) aren’t the Eastern Conference favorite, but as the season grinds on, they’re still on top, still standing alone in first place.
The lead is small, with star-studded Brooklyn just a little bit back. But considering how last season ended for Philadelphia, first place seems like a fine place to be.
This weekend, the Sixers have two games to help them stay out in front, with a home game Friday against lowly Chicago and then a road contest Sunday in Toronto.
And for new users who plan on watching, DraftKings is giving them a chance to turn $1 to $100.
It’s been a good year for the Sixers and it should be a good weekend for basketball too.
March Madness is drawing closer every day. Villanova plays on Saturday. And Philadelphia will follow them on Sunday. In this week’s installment of Penn Sportsbooks‘ Pick Play, we’ll cover some of this weekend’s basketball odds, along with the big promotion from DraftKings.
New users at DraftKings can get 100 times the return
No matter which basketball game you bet on, new users at DraftKings can get 100-1 odds if their team makes a three-point shot. Here’s the fine print:
- All College and NBA Basketball games starting between 2/14 and 2/28
- First time DraftKings depositors only
- Make a deposit of $5+ into your Sportsbook account between 2/14/2021 at 8:00 AM ET and 2/28/2021 at 11:59 PM ET
- Following deposit, place a bet of at least $1 on a Moneyline or Spread for any College or NBA Basketball game that starts between 2/14 and 2/28
- If the team you bet on hits a three-pointer during that game, you’ll be issued a $100 bonus after your $1+ bet settles
- Bet must be placed prior to the start of the game
- Bonus paid as four (4) $25 Free Bets
- Free Bets valid for 7 days. Failure to use the Free Bets will void the award
- Free Bet amount is not included in any returns or winnings
- Free Bet also not redeemable for cash, non-transferable, and non-refundable
- One qualifying bet per user
- Excludes live bets, parlays, free bets, cash out bets, voided bets, and odds boosts
76ers vs. Bulls Friday night game preview
On Friday, DraftKings has the Sixers as 9-points favorites in a home game against the Chicago Bulls. The game tips off at 7:30 p.m. Friday night and will be broadcast on ESPN.
The Sixers are 12-2 at home this season. Philadelphia should also be a fairly safe play for the three-point bonus, with sharpshooter Seth Curry making 54.8% of his three-pointers at home.
Philadelphia is -420 on the moneyline at DraftKings. The Bulls are +320. A total for the game should be posted soon.
Saturday’s CBB schedule features both Villanova and West Virginia
On Saturday, the T.V. schedule is heavy with college basketball. Villanova plays UCONN at 1 p.m. on CBS. Later in the day, there are some interesting games with NCAA tournament implications.
No. 15 Texas Tech travels to No. 23 Kansas at 2 p.m. on ESPN. An hour later, No. 13 West Virginia faces No. 12 Texas in a huge Big 12 game. All those games would also be eligible for the DraftKings promotion as well.
More 76ers action on Sunday
Then, on Sunday night, the Sixers will wrap up the weekend with a road game against the surging Raptors. Toronto is currently 6th in the Eastern Conference and is 7-3 in its last 10 games. The Raptors are also rumored to be in the running for Cavs center Andre Drummond, who is likely to be traded.
So the Eastern Conference won’t be getting any easier. But perhaps the Sixers are ready for the challenge.
After all, they’re in first place.
Image via Dreamstime.